Caviar consists of the roe or the fish egg masses extracted from the ovaries of the fish from Acipenseridae family or sturgeon. The most common and popular Caviar is extracted from the following sturgeon species
Out of these, the Caviar extracted from Beluga is the most expensive.
Caviar as a beauty agent
The composition of Caviar makes it a potent ingredient of skin creams and spa treatments. Caviar consists of following components that make it a potent beauty and anti-aging ingredients for variety of applications
- Vitamins – caviar is loaded with a number of vitamins such as Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate DFE, Vitamin A RAE, Vitamin A IU, Vitamin B-12, Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol), Vitamin D (D2 + D3), Vitamin D IU, Vitamin K (phyllo Quinone).
- Amino and fatty acids etc.
Benefits of Caviar when used on skin
Using Caviar based creams and spa treatments have following benefits
- Healthy and glowing skin – Skin is primarily made up of protein and Caviar acts as a protein source for the skin. The vitamins and minerals along with amino acids nourish the skin and give it an improved texture and even skin tone. The unsaturated lipids add a layer of healthy shine to the skin by fattening the dry and aging skin.
- Acts as a moisturizer – Caviar moisturizes the skin and the hair and nail. Water, omega-3 fatty acids and highly saturated lipids contained in Caviar act as a source of hydration.
- Protection – The antioxidants like vitamin A and E contained in Caviar helps by protecting the skin from harmful effects of UV radiation and free radicals. It also corrects the damage sustained by UV radiation and free radicals.
- Anti-aging properties – The omega 3 fatty acids contained in Caviar reduces the production of inflammatory compounds that cause aging. Omega 6 fatty acids cure the dryness and thinning of the skin. The fatty acids also trigger the production of hormonesresponsible for regeneration and collagen production. Potassium and Selenium contained in Caviar improve skin elasticity and prevent skin damage that results in reduced fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin.